Tag Archives: Registered Nurse

10 Plans For Weight Loss For Women

3 Apr

Many ladies who start trying to lose weight don’t understand fat loss. The result is a lot of women starving themselves instead of losing weight in a healthy way. There are, however, 10 lessons for women’s fat loss that can keep you healthy and maximize the amount of fat you can lose.
Many women who start dieting don’t understand fat loss. The result is a lot of women wandering around, starving themselves, instead of losing weight in a healthy way. There are, however, 10 tips for women’s fat loss that can keep you healthy and maximize the amount of extra weight you can lose.

You cannot know what direction you’re going if you don’t measure and track your results. It’s the only sure way you can tweak your program and make sure it’s working for you.
Whenever a client asks me what could be going wrong with his or her fitness program, I simply ask them to take out their tracker so we can have a look. 99% of the time, they haven’t been measuring, and the other 1% I am able to fix with a couple of simple and easy tweaks.
Habits cannot be broken, only replaced. If you start by replacing one habit each month, that will be 12 new habits you’ll have replaced by 2013. All you have to do to get started is to choose a habit you’d like to replace for January.
An accountability partner works in EVERY aspect of life. If you tell someone what you’re going to do, you’re less likely to fail. Why? You won’t be just letting yourself down. You’ll be letting down the other person, too.
High-intensity training burns calories for hours after a workout, improves endurance, and improves aerobic capacity. I always add some HIIT to my week, and this is usually the one area that I tweak when I want to lose fat fast. All you need is a few 20-minute sessions and your pants size will shrink in no time.
There’s no sense in taking your time during your workout or training one muscle at a time, unless you’d like to become a light-weight bodybuilder. This was key for me and responsible for COMPLETELY shaping my body this year. Before this, my body changed at a much slower rate, and working out wasn’t near as much fun!
Plan your workouts BEFORE you workout. Don’t get stuck there trying to decide which exercise combos to do and then draw a blank because you think everyone is looking at you and wonder what you’re doing. I used to do this all the time. I thought everyone knew I didn’t know what I was doing. I’d draw a blank and hit the treadmill…so much for fat loss!
Thank goodness for Ben Pakulski. He taught me this one simple fact after telling him I seem to crash mid-afternoon. He told me to try ground beef and eggs for breakfast. I know that sounds gross, but it works and it’s really tasty. Charles Poliquin calls it “The Meat and Nut Breakfast”.
This is the biggest contributing factor when it comes to staying lean all year long. Why? Let me ask you a question: What portion of your body is made of carbohydrates? NONE. Therefore, we can only use a small amount of them before the body starts storing them.
When we have an intense workout, we not only use large amounts of energy, but we also breakdown muscle tissue, called protein breakdown. This forces our body to repair by building the muscle and making it stronger. Therefore, your after workout diet needs to replenish your glycogen levels, stop protein breakdown, and improve your body’s protein synthesis. In other words, your body needs carbohydrates and protein after exercise.
Use these 10 tips for fat loss into your life, and you’ll be well on your way to getting your best body ever! These are the same ten strategies I used to transform my body and the same strategies I use to stay lean all year.
Flavia Del Monte is a Registered Nurse, Certified Physical Trainer, Certified Nutritionist and the creator of Full-Body-Licious. You can read more about her training programs, nutrition advice and exercises for women on her female fitness blog.